Pages

Friday 16 November 2012

Benefit "How To Look The Best At Everything"


Last month I decided actually you know what, I'm sick of using cheap makeup. I've heard a lot of good things about Benefit products so I decided as my first buy to snap up this little complexion makeup kit.

"How To Look The Best At Everything"
£24.50 from Debenhams

These complexion sets come in 3 shades - Light, Medium and Deep. The Benefit lady at the counter was really helpful and tried the shades on my jawline to see which set would best suit my skin.
The shades of the individual makeup products in the set are named on the side of the outside box and on the tray that the makeup sits in. So if you decide to buy them in the normal sized versions, you know which shades to get :)

What's in the Box you ask??

  • POREfessional Primer
  •  Boi-ing Industrial Strength Concealer 
  • Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow brightening makeup
  • Hello Flawless Custom Powder Cover-Up



It comes in a box and inside the box is a cute little book with the makeup inside
The products sit in a litle tray that can be removed, so after you have used all the products you can remove the tray and use the little box book as a keepsafe.


It also has a little leafet attached at the top of the book that gives you tips & tricks on how to apply the makeup for a perfect complextion. This includes written steps aswell as pictures.
You flink the book open, it also reveales a mirror!




Now for the products....

POREfessional Primer - This promises to minimise pores, I don't really suffer with overly noticable/big pores anyway but I do feel like it gave me a really nice, even and smooth complexion to apply my makeup to. It's also really light weight compared to the Loreal Professionnel Studio Secrets primer I'm used to using which is very heavy. However, it's probably because POREfessional is a liquid primer. It has a colour to it like foundation but this actually doesn't show up once applied. I am very impressed with this primer and will defo be purchasing it in the larger version.


Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Brightening Foundation - Firstly, I wasn't very impressed with the pump on the bottle because it seemed to leak slightly. Other than that I absolutely LOVE this foundation. It is so light on the skin so it doesn't even feel like your wearing makeup and it blends really well. Also, I found it was really good at giving me a flawless complexion. I have a scar on my forehead and I found that after using this it was invisable...usually with other makeup it takes me some concealer aswell and even then it's still visable. I would defo recommend this!


Boi-ing Industrial Strength Concealer - In my kit I had shades 02 and 03. The idea of having two shades is that you can blend them to get the perfect matching colour. I LOVE this concealer....along with the primer it doesn't set into the fine lines under my eyes and is really good at covering any imperfections such as nasty spots!!! I am defo buying this again!


Hello Flawless Custom Powder Cover Up-  This is a foundation powder and it comes with a brush as you can see in the photo! I really LOVE this foundation powder! it doesn't make my skin look chalky like cheap powder foundation does and finishes off my makeup really well to add the the flawless look! I am buying this again also :))


As much as I loved this little set, it's worth noting that the makeup that comes in the kit are all minitures of the full size versions which you see in store. As i said I've been using this kit for a month now and still have a lot of uses left, although I will run out of liquid foundation soon :( 
On the other hand, as someone who has not used benefit makeup before and wanted to try it out for a while to see whether it would stand the test of time, this little kit was perfect for that

I am going to buy everything that was in this kit in the full sized versions, each of the products here range from £16-20 pounds each approx so quite expensive but luckily it's xmas soon :)

I think this set would also make a lovely gift for someone!


No comments:

Post a Comment