Pages

Sunday 14 October 2012

October, why so cold?



Recent Purchases Ahoyyy!

I've been really busy with uni work so haven't had a chance to post anything and when I have I haven't had enough time to write anything decent. I've recently started my 3rd year and it's getting all so very scary thinking I will be a registered nurse next year ahhh! I don't feel ready but then have to remind myself that everyone probably feels exactly the same. The people in my class and I are all in the same boat!

*Argan Oil Hair treatment £12.99 Boots
*Loreal Paris Sublime Mousse 400 Pure Dark Brown £6.99 Boots
*Batiste Floral & Flirty Blush Dry Shampoo 400ml £4.99 Boots
*Cosmopolitan Blush Brush £3.99 Superdrug
*Rimmel Lasting Finish Blush Live Pink £3.99 Superdrug

So I decided I was sick of my roots coming through and decided to dye my hair a darker brown that was closer to my natural hair colour. I was deciding between the "pure dark brown" and" pure darkest brown", they do say if you are trying to chose between two colours always go for the lighest so that is what I did. I've dyed my hair a lot and I can honestly say Loreal Sublime Mousse has to be by fair the best i've ever used. It's mousse obviously as in it's name and comes with a pump bottle so it's easier to use and apply yourself. As it's mousse it's a lot easier to spread and ensure that no spaces have been missed! At first my hair was verging on black but since a few washes it's tonned down to a nice dark brown which is just what I wanted.

I have a fringe and with it laying on a forehead of makeup all day it tends to get greasy quicker than the rest of my hair does between washes. Some might suggest giving the fringe a quick wash but instead I prefer to use Batiste Dry Shampoo. It's brilliant to use in between washes and makes my hair feel refreshed. The trick is to not spray too close to your head or you might find you have white patches even after you have brushed it out.

I needed a new blush brush and after umming and arrrghing I decided to go for this cosmopolitan one, it's not expensive and when I first used it I realised the hairs are slightly angled so it makes applying blush in the right places even easier as opposed to using a massive blush brush and ending up getting it all over your cheeks instead of the cheek bone area.













By far by FAVOURITE purchase in a long time! now listen, due to dying my hair etc my hair has always been dry and generally not happy with me. I used to use VO5 hot oil, which comes in these little plastic tubes and you put them in hot water to heat them up before putting it on your barnet. However, as much as I wished they worked they didn't really do anything to my hair. I brought this because my friend uses it and I tried some of hers. Mine cost £12.99 for 100mls from boots but it's actually avaliable for £9.99 at Superdrug! I should of shopped around. 
Argan Oil is is extracted from Argan Fruit and is used to treat hair and skin problems.

It says on the box that it: Norishes dry damaged hair, repairs and rejuvenates, smoothes and eliminates frizz and gives protection and shine.

I can honestly say it isn't lying! since using it my hair has been so shiny, feels soft, not frizzy and generally in better condition than it's ever been. I've been using it after washing my hair every other day for the past week and half. I apply 2 pumps in my hand and then run it through my mop, instantly it has an effect on my hair and my comb just runs straight through it! Despite using this oil of regularly it hasn't made my hair greasy. Then again I do have very thick hair so perhaps for those with very thin hair it might do, but then on the back of the box it does say use less for short hair...and obviously more for longer hair. I will defs be buying this again! Like i said, my friend has been using it and a lot longer than me, her 100ml bottle has lasted a few months and she's used 1/3 of the bottle.                                                     





1 comment: